Custom Garden Solutions 100% Organic Compost vs. Mushroom Compost
Custom Garden Solutions (CGS) does not provide Mushroom Compost. CGS provides 100 percent Organic, Nutrient Rich and Contaminant-Free Compost.
What is Mushroom Compost?
Mushroom compost is a byproduct provided by some companies (not CGS) that is the composted material remaining after a crop of mushrooms is harvested. Mushrooms are grown in a mixture of products, including horse-bedded straw (straw from horse stables used to collect manure and urine), hay, chicken manure, ground corn cobs, cottonseed hulls, gypsum, and other substances.
The main question to ask about mushroom compost is what is in it?
- Does the horse-bedded straw come from horses who have been fed antibiotics or other chemicals?
- Were the horses fed GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) corn or corn sprayed with harmful herbicides such as Glyphosate also referred to as Roundup Ready? (Glyphosate made by companies like Monsanto which is a broad-spectrum systemic herbicide and crop desiccant. It is used to kill weeds, especially annual broadleaf weeds and grasses that compete with crops). Think of Roundup Ready as a farming method where the herbicide kills everything but the genetically modified seed which creates plants that are tolerant to the herbicides sprayed on it. Many believe this method is dangerous.
- Was the poultry manure fed GMO grain, injected with antibiotics?
- Are the ground corn cobs grown sprayed with harmful herbicides such as Glyphosate used in "Roundup Ready" GMO farming?
What is Custom Garden Solutions 100% Organic Compost?
These are some of the reasons why Custom Garden Solutions does NOT provide Mushroom Compost. Custom Garden Solution provides 100 percent Organic and Contaminant-Free Nutrient Rich Compost. Not all compost is created equal. Unlike many of the other compost providers 100% of what we do is related to growing herbs and vegetables. We provide organic compost specially designed growing healthy, nutrient rich herbs and vegetables. You can also use our compost on your flowers, trees and lawns.
CGS’s compost is made from:
- Green sources (leaves, grass, tree branches).
- Vegetable scraps (about 15-20% ).
- Horse manure from a local stable that is monitored and works to minimize any GMO’s or medications/antibiotics. The manure is aged and then hot composted to at least 140 degrees until it cools (sometimes a long as four months) and turned regularly to complete the composting process. This process means dramatically exceeds the FDA standard for this process (for food safety).
- Rock Dust- Mineralization of the compost is provided from a mining company near Flagstaff.
Unlike many companies we do NOT provide Mushroom Compost. Click Here for What is Mushroom Compost
All pre-compost materials are inspected as required by the State to ensure it is 100% organic and free of contaminating substances. They are then combined in ratios best suited for creating nutrient rich organic compost and then shredded, spread out, watered, and stacked into windrows (rows of composting materials hundreds of feet long). The temperatures within the windrows can reach in excess of 140 degrees Fahrenheit; ensuring that pathogens and weed seeds are destroyed. The windrows are mixed, watered, aerated and turned regularly.
The compost is then screened and loaded in CGS's trucks for delivery straight to you and your plants. Unlike many suppliers, CGS's compost is not "Hot" and is fully composted so that you can place in your garden and begin planting immediately.